Tuesday 19 March 2013

RESPONSIBLITY.....

Oh the word.... RESPONSIBILITY.....What emotions do you feel when you think of the word?  Admittedly, when I was a teen, this was favorite song of mine;

Makes me tehheeeheee laugh in that sort of self conscious, convicting kind of way......  OUCH!  The truth hurts.  So, I'm getting older, and hopefully, Lord willing wiser.... my music preferences change with the times/moods/seasons of life/desires/needs/etc..... Here's a newer song I've been listening to these days;



Different song, different year, different genre....   But the truth still remains.  I am responsible.  God says so.
  
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” 
Hebrews 3:15 ESV
I like to read around a verse (context) the history, and bigger picture around this verse is pretty incredible.  That same God is God today.  He is calling out to this generation.  Will we follow?  What's my role?  I've created a little visual representation  (learned this in Biblical Counseling class, and use the idea often to determine what I need to do, and what I need to leave to God) on this concept for my own self-evaluation/reminder.  This is very personal, and I'm putting my heart out there to post this......  You would have your own circles/opinions/growth patterns/etc......  But this is my blog, and my view at this time.  God is teaching me, and I pray that my life experience would be a tool of teaching in the lives of others.  I am imperfect, I am struggling, I know this...... in the light of all of that though, GOD is a constant......
A few sweet links that have made an impression upon me/have inspired these thoughts;

Hebrews 3 (ESV)
"Indescribable" Louie Giglio (speaker)
"Whom Shall I Fear?" Chris Tomlin (song)

Other passages that I've been pondering that are just plain INDESCRIBABLE..... Genesis 22:14, 1 Samuel 1:3, Judges 6:24, Exodus 15:26, Jeremiah 23:6 and 33:16, Romans 8:28,29,32,38,39, Philippians 4..... Yes.... well... the WORD is amazing (all of it).

And so with this knowledge of responsibility before GOD I pray.

Lord Jesus, help me to be wise, fruitful, aware of just how transient this life really is.  Help me Lord to put my roots deep only in YOU, as You are my very source of life.  May all I am, know and own be held out in open hands for You to access, use and be glorified in and through.  To GOD be the glory, great things HE has done.  Now and forever, one day at a time.      




No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the Way backround