Thursday 7 February 2013

Re-evaluation time......


Many, many thoughts have been going through my head as of late...... I am a sinner, and this I know.  So, sinful thoughts run through my head..... oh yes, indeed they do.  But, on this side of heaven I know I will never ever be perfect.  So, then give up?  NO!  "I can" is broadcast to us through the media..... I suggest, we can't.  That's right.  I'll tell you something.  I CAN'T.  But, newsflash.... GOD CAN :).  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:19).  So, there is power to be had......  Alright, so then I must act.  I will try, and this I get to choose.  I choose to try.  Try-well what does that mean?

well...dictionary.com says;

 try [trahy] verb, tried, try·ing, noun, plural tries.
verb (used with object)
1. to attempt to do or accomplish: Try it before you say it's simple.
2.to test the effect or result of (often followed by out  ): to try a new method; to try a recipe out.
3.to endeavor to evaluate by experiment or experience: to try a new field; to try a new book.
4.to test the quality, value, fitness, accuracy, etc., of: Will you try a spoonful of this and tell me what you think of it?
5.Law. to examine and determine judicially, as a cause; determine judicially the guilt or innocence of (a person).

Okay, so by definition it's not perfection, right?  Phew.... that's a GOOD THING!!!  But it means effort, choice, intention.  Well, I am going to TRY.  The Bible has lots to say about trying too......  One passage says; 

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do,
do all to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31).

Well, that sounds an awful lot like perfection "ALL"...oh dear..... it's okay, keep reading.  :)

So, I said I was gathering thoughts along the way.... and this list has come from it.  Here at our house we do life together, and share; food, struggles, joys, recipes, and more :)

We have a chalkboard on our coffee table.... We keep track of life, use it as a creative space, and a place to put reminders up.  Right now it reads;

In this house we will TRY to;

Trust God.
Be grateful.
Pray always.
Love one another.
Show respect.
Believe in grace.
Apologize.
Give and receive forgiveness.
Move on.
Persevere.

I don't know your house, but I do know ours....we don't have it all together, and we do fail.  But we will TRY.  I challenge you, will you?  I suggest start small, one day=one change, maybe a few....but not too many. I've also tried too hard at times.  We all have heard "Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon."  It takes time.  I should add to the list "SLOW DOWN!"  :)  But that would just add more to the list, or would it really be less?  'Cause "Less is more." right?  Maybe I'm just over-analyzing.....  that's for another post... I am a woman does that = over-analyzation?  Comments welcome on that one.  I know, I realize that's asking for it.... But I learn when people tell me the truth, so go ahead (apprehensively squinting my eyes)...... I welcome your comments.  :)        

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a neat idea to have a list like that in your home, of specific goals. So thankful we have HIM to tell us what to shoot for, and to achieve those things through us. With Him all things are possible!

    ReplyDelete

Along the Way backround