Wednesday 29 May 2013

Guest Post: Abide

  This poem is written by a friend, and alumni of Word of Life Bible Institute, Laura Beth King.  Though we have not connected in person for some time her poetry shares her heart and desire to walk in God's truth.  I am sure these words will encourage you as she encouraged me.  With her permission I share with you.  Enjoy! 

Abide

I’m beat, I’m beat!
The thing has won.
I tried, I failed
I’m finished, I’m done!

My soul is weary
My strength is gone
It’s all too much
I can’t go on.

But wait, but wait -
What’s that I hear?
The voice of God
So calm and clear:

Abide in Me
He says with love
Keep the faith
And don’t give up

This thing you can’t
Do on your own
My strength to you
I will bestow

(written October 28, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the Way backround