Wednesday 17 April 2013

Spring time Pedis?

In this little corner of the world it's Spring!!!  :)  Melting snow, green grass, flip flops and sunshine beg for barefooted freedom.  Aaahhh!!!  So sweet!  Time to polish those toes in anticipation of the textures of sand, water, and more.

This week at the library I loaned out a pedometer.  I haven't yet used it, but with good intentions I plan to.  You know how it is....  You gotta start somewhere.  One step at a time, that's how progress is made.

"So, what's with the feet theme?" you wonder.  Well, actually; verse started this thought train.....
  
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!” Romans 10:15b

 In context Paul in this Chapter is working through practically how the gospel message reaches people.  They need someone to tell them, plain and simple. 

From my perspective and experience, people could care less what you say until you show them you care.  I mean our worlds and lives are full of voices, schedules, demands, and preferences.... Why is the gospel important?  Why should people want it?  How is it really different from all the rest of the ploys grabbing for the attention of someone's time?  I suggest we show them the difference.... by genuinely loving.  
     
 So, these beautiful feet that Romans 10:15b are talking about..... Who comes to your mind when you think of "beautiful feet" that share Christ?  Are their feet beautiful to look at?  Does it matter?  I think of a number of precious believers that have set an example; and showed me by doing what this really looks like.  I think of people that are; humble, genuine, generous, compassionate, good-listeners, down to earth, not over-analytical, but just honest to goodness faithfully determined to be devoted to their God, weather anyone else ever knows it or not.  I think of old, calloused, and mature feet who have trod many roads and it shows....   I think of young, vibrant feet ready to forge new ground, impetuous, and care free.

The colour tone of the skin, the gender of the person, the country, the year..... it all is irrelevant.... all believers of all generations can have beautiful feet.  

 So, do I?  Well.... What's the verse say characterizes beautiful feet? 

 How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!”

 Am I a person that brings good?  Not just by walking with my feet, but with my life.....  Am I showing the gospel is good?  Would others be drawn to the good news of the gospel by spending time with me?  Well, what is the gospel all about?  Love.  Grace.  Hope.  Truth.  Am I all about these things?  What does it mean to live in a way that expresses the gospel?

I'm gonna take these feet of mine, and attempt to answer some of these soul searching questions with the rest of my day by loving, listening, and whatever else comes.... attempting to share my Jesus with those around me today.  Will you? 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Along the Way backround